Monday, February 6, 2012

I guess God had more important prayers to answer Super Bowl Sunday

This is a post I have been meaning to write, but Tom Brady's wife, Giselle (sp?) gave me the perfect opportunity to vent about this subject. Wasted prayers!

Her tweet earlier this week (seems long for a tweet): "This sunday will be a really important day in my husband's life. He and his team worked so hard to get to this point and now they need us more than ever to send them positive energy so they can fulfill their dream of winning this super bowl...
So I kindly ask all of you to join me on this positive chain and pray for him, so he can feel confident, healthy and strong. Envision him happy and fulfilled experiencing with his team a victory this sunday.
Thank you for your love and support. Love, G :)"

I'm not the most religious person on the planet, some might call me an agnostic, some might even call me an atheist, as we all get very hung up on labels it seems. Here is my question for all of you "God fearing Christians" since you're closer to the subject than I am...When God is listening to the billions of prayers each day, do you think he/she puts winning the Super Bowl at the top of the list? Even better, do  you think God puts prayer like Giselle's on the "What world are you living in, chick?" LIST!?

Children are starving, being tortured, abused, or even killed by their "parents" (in quotion marks because the biological ability to breed does not constitute being a parent by any means); millions upon millions of innocent people are fighting for their lives; millions are trying each day to live with mental illness and overcome addiction; and you seriously think GOD should waste any energy securing a victory for your husband during a football game????

So, to steal a line from the Rolling Stones, "You can't always get what you want...but you'll find sometimes...you get what you need."

Giselle, maybe God did answer your prayer. God gave you what you need! A reality check.

No comments:

Post a Comment