Saturday, January 7, 2012

Blog ONE: Why am I here?

I heard a great song that describes this blog endeavor of mine perfectly. Kid Rock’s song entitled “I Can Care.” Here is an excerpt from the song, “I hear screaming on the left. Yelling on the right...while sitting in the middle, trying to live my life.” Kid Rock song with lyrics

There are a gazillion blogs out there…why did I start this one? I think I’m just weary of the disconnect about what’s really going on in the world.  To listen to the news or talk radio, one would conclude that the world is black and white, left  or right, good or bad. Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, it’s not that simple. Most things are gray. Most of the world is in the middle.  We wake up each day, do our best to make a difference and be our best. Some days we succeed. Some days we fail.

A more selfish reason for starting this blog is to express myself. These are the issues I used to discuss with my husband—trying to understand issues, express my feelings, and make sense of it all. He died in a car accident and I find myself with no real outlet because some of these issues are the ones that they tell you NOT TO TALK ABOUT…religion, politics, and sex (not sure we’ll get into that last category).
And don’t worry about upsetting me with comments about your opinion or “how wrong-headed” I am…that’s the whole point. To hear what other people think, but more importantly “why” you think that.
So, here’s my take on a range of issues…from where I sit…in the middle

No comments:

Post a Comment